- Comparing localities –Using local settlements (town and/or village) to explore the themes of interdependence, similarities and differences.
- Investigating a local issue –How could moving the cattle market affect the local town? How might road-building affect a local beauty spot? How do modern farming practices affect the countryside? How does tourism affect people and environments in the National Park? Any of these could be investigated.
- Water & its effects –Rivers studies (a range of locations are available), coastal processes and management.
- Map skills –making maps, Geocaching, orienteering, map detective work.
- Weather & climate -how do weather conditions vary? We can investigate the effects of altitude, land-use or buildings.
All studies are highly adaptable, and can be adjusted to suit prior learning, ability and background. We are always happy to create new studies to suit your pupils and scheme of work. Please use the contact page to ask for details.